Like all great things, this Pea and Tomato Rocket Salad is simplicity itself.
The wonderful thing about this salad is its versatility. I created the recipe late one evening when I wanted to throw together a quick light meal. I was thinking protein and vegetables all in one go, and hey presto it was all together on the plates within a few minutes!
We first had this as a light meal on its own, although it’s absolutely perfect as a tasty side salad which will compliment pretty much any other dish you care to mention.
Peas are great to eat cold, and in this Pea and Tomato Rocket Salad you’ll see why.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5/10 minutes
What You Need To Make This
- 35g Rocket leaves
- 8 Piccolo tomatoes – Or any other small tomatoes of your preference
- 1 cup frozen Petit Pois
Herbs & Spices
- 3 medium-sized Basil leaves
- Black Pepper – to taste
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
How To Make It
- Boil the Petit Pois in a pan of pre-boiled water for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the peas are cooking add the Rocket leaves into your salad dish.
- Chop the Tomatoes into quarters and scatter over the rocket.
- Roughly chop the Basil leaves and sprinkle into the dish.
- In a small bowl or cup mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar and Balsamic Vinegar until they form a thick glaze texture.
- Drain off the peas and cool them down under cold running water for a minute or two before drying off with kitchen roll and adding them to the salad dish.
- Drizzle the glaze dressing over the top and season with Black Pepper to taste.
Try this versatile salad on its own or as an accompaniment to Pasta, burgers, or just about anything and let us know what you think.
We would love to hear from you, please leave us a comment below.
Submit your review