Not only is this salad bursting with crunchy freshness and vitality, it’s amazingly healthy!
Quinoa is a gluten-free superfood, extremely rich in protein, B vitamins, and dietary minerals and fibre.
The taste sensation is absolutely incredible. One of my favourite simple yet super tasty raw food dishes, it will leave you feeling totally satisfied.
You are going to absolutely love this one!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You Need To Make This
- 100g Spinach
- 8 florets Cauliflower
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 16 Baby Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
Pulses & Grains
- 160g Quinoa (weight uncooked)
- 25g Sunflower Seeds
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Herbs & Spices
- Black Pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Rinse the Quinoa, add to a saucepan with the 500ml Vegetable Stock, bring to the boil and simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes.
- Place Spinach leaves into a large serving dish.
- Thinly slice the Cauliflower florets and add to the dish.
- Halve then quarter the Red Onion and chop into chunks, add to the dish.
- Halve then quarter the Sweet Red Pepper and slice, add to the dish.
- Halve then quarter the Tomatoes, add to the dish.
- After 20 minutes drain off any excess liquid from the Quinoa and replace lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff out the Quinoa and spoon into the dish mixing it in.
- Sprinkle on the Sunflower Seeds.
- Drizzle over the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add a good few twists of Black Pepper to taste.
Submit your review