If you like a succulent bean salad with a spicy twist then this is definitely the one for you!
I started making this when I first became Vegan and it was an immediate hit being so tasty and easy to make.
Bursting with protein, it looks and tastes amazing and pretty much all of my friends and family once they have tasted it rave how wonderful it is and ask me for the recipe – usually there and then!
It’s very easy to make, completely versatile and has become a regular staple meal for our family, give it a try and let me know what you think.
Spicy Mexican Bean Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: 15 minutes (minimum)
1 x 400g Kidney Beans
1 x 400g Cannellini Beans
10 oz Sweetcorn
1 Pointed Sweet Red Pepper – Finely Chopped
1 Red Onion – Finely Chopped
15 Baby Tomatoes – Quartered
Small Bunch of Fresh Coriander (About a Handful)
1 Garlic Clove
½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice (usually half the lemon)
2 tbsp Lime Juice (usually 1 whole lime)
½ tbsp Ground Black Pepper
½ tbsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Chilli Powder
Quick Shake of Tabasco Sauce (or any other hot pepper sauce)
- Drain and rinse the beans in a sieve. Tip all together into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes (Do not allow to boil).
- If using frozen Sweetcorn put into the sieve and pour a kettle of boiling water over to thaw.
- Put the Sweetcorn into a large bowl and then add and mix in all the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the beans and leave to cool (I pop them in the fridge in the sieve for 15 minutes).
- Once cooled add the beans to the bowl and stir together.